Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Misting! An addicting new craft technique!

Hey all! So I'm writing today to share in my love of such a fun, amazing new crafting technique. (Well relatively new). I first fell in love with this technique while reading Dear Lizzy's post on Paper Party about different ways to use the mist! I would highly recommend checking it out her video is totally inspiring with amazingly great ideas!

So last night I was at Micheal's and ran into some of these mists (there was a sale- how was I supposed to say no?) They didn't have Mr. Huey's (a very popular misting brand) but they did carry Heidiswapp brand which sells similar mists. I bought 2- even though I wanted them all- and started playing with them as soon as I got home!

Here are 2 videos I made using Vine- to show my first experiments using Color Shine Mist.

The first is Color Shine Mint Green
And I used little chipboard hearts on white cardstock. 

The second I am using Color Shine Primrose.
I also am using her 6x6 Honeycomb Stencil

After playing around for awhile with all the fun things you can do with misting- I decided to make my very first set of cards to sell on Etsy! I used the Mint Green color and the Honeycomb Stencil to create these cards. I am so pleased with how they look- and I cannot wait to make more! Check out the listing on Etsy and give me a favorite if you like them! 






Have you ever used misting for scrapbooking, card making or any other crafty projects? If you have I'd love to hear about it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment